Have you been searching for fun, safe ways make a difference in the lives of those most in need? Mark your calendars, GO FORWARD Team Ride is the event for you!
- What GO FORWARD Team Ride is
GO FORWARD Team Ride is a virtual, family friendly event, sponsored by the Goddard School in Ashland, Virginia. It takes place anytime and anywhere between now to November 1st. Virtual participants have the option to ride, walk, or run. Anyone, any age is welcome to participate. All funds raised will go to supporting single moms by assisting them with day care expenses and job training skills.
- Ways to be creative when participating
We encourage everyone to exercise their bodies as well as their minds as they brainstorm unique ways to participate. Here are some suggestions:
- Consider searching for local bike rentals
- Ride your stationary bike, walk or run on your treadmill or elliptical at home or at a gym
- Check out trails near you on apps like AllTrails
- Utilize strollers or tricycles to walk or ride around the block with small children
- Pick an enticing end destination (Starbucks, bagel shop) to engage older children
- Incorporate social media by posting pictures with hashtag #goforwardtogether for a chance to be featured on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
- How to make a difference
While much of the world has slowed and transitioned, our mission of “Empowering Action to Move Forward” has not been placed on pause. Your participation as a virtual rider, sponsor, or donor is the safest, simplest, and most effective way to support single working mothers in crisis as we adapt to ever-changing circumstances due to COVID-19. Here’s how you can help:
- Register for free on our website
- Donate directly to Forward Foundation via the donate button
- Encourage others to join you and support you with a pledge of $1.00 per mile/lap
- Buy a GO FORWARD Team Ride T-shirt
MOVE to help single mothers and their children move forward with us! All links are attached in the article and below:
Buy a T-shirt: https://etsy.me/3iZjzF1
Our website: https://bit.ly/355nbjW
Lindsey Daniels, Marketing Intern